EU Support to Economic and Political Studies in the Southern Neighbourhood
Objective and description
The European Commission DG for International Cooperation and Development, has published a call for proposals with the title
“EU Support to Economic and Political Studies in the Southern Neighbourhood”
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to an increased awareness and evidence-based policy making of regional and national actors in relation to areas of relevance for the European Neighbourhood Policy in the Southern Mediterranean region.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals are:
- To foster evidence-based research policy dialogue and research in the priority areas of economic development, security and migration. Each action should have the necessary flexibility to adapt to emerging regional issues.
- Based on peer-to-peer work, to build the analytical and research skills and capacities in Southern Neighbourhood countries. Each action should seek to strengthen cooperation between research networks, think-tanks, universities, academia, policy makers, civil society, non-governmental organisations and the private sector.
- To have a strong outreach component and wide dissemination of research results to stimulate policy debate with national policy-makers, EU institutions, and other relevant stakeholders.
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must be:
- a legal person; and
- be non-profit-making; and
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 43 of the rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation; and
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or one of the following ENP South countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Lybia, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia.
Each action must involve a partnership with at least four co-applicants (in addition to the lead applicant). The co-applicants should be established in at least three different ENP South countries and one EU Member State.
Co-applicants must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the lead applicant
Budget & Duration
The total budget available for the co-financing of projects under the present call is 5 000 000.00 EUR.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 36 month nor exceed 48 months.
Deadline for proposals’ submission & Procedure for application
The deadline is 02 September 2019 12h00 (Brussels time).
Applications must be submitted online via PROSPECT following the instructions given in the PROSPECT user manual.
More information is available in this document and by clicking here:
European Office of Cyprus
Rue du Luxembourg 3, 2nd floor
Tel/Fax: +32 (0) 2 280 22 85
Mob.: +32 (0) 494 84 41 93